It’s Spring Tune-up Time: Get your Cooling System Ready for Summer
Your air conditioning system has been in hibernation for months. But now it’s time to wake it up, clean out the cobwebs and sleepy dust by giving it a spring cleaning and tune-up. In this month’s blog, the home comfort specialists at Main Stream Mechanical discuss how a pre-season tune-up can get your cooling system in peak condition for the warm days ahead.
What Happens when your Cooling System Lies Dormant?
You might think that an idle AC system would be ready to go with just a flick of a switch. But over time, dirt accumulates, refrigerants leak, connections loosen, and components shift. These changes hinder the performance of your AC system and limit its ability to keep you cool on a hot and humid day. By scheduling a spring tune-up, your home comfort specialist can examine your unit and tackle small problems before they turn into large and costly repairs. With preventative maintenance, your AC will run efficiently all season long.
What’s Involved in a Tune-up?
During a tune-up, a technician will examine your entire AC system, identifying and repairing any existing or developing problems so it is ready to run at peak performance. Specific tune-up tasks include:
- Adjusting and tightening fan belts and loose wiring
- Replacing faulty electrical connections
- Checking refrigerant levels and making adjustments as needed
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils
- Inspecting the condensate drain
- Checking thermostat control settings
- Checking and replacing the air filter
Benefits of a Spring Tune-up:
HVAC companies can get really busy during the summer. During the spring, you can expect faster service and more flexible scheduling. You’ll also have peace of mind knowing your cooling system will be ready when you need it most. Other benefits of having an annual spring tune-up include:
- Reduced Repair Costs - Small problems that go ignored can result in big and costly repairs. During a tune-up, your technician will identify and repair any problems before they get worse.
- Increased Lifespan - An air conditioner that receives regular tune-ups will last longer than one that hasn’t received ongoing preventive maintenance.
- Improved Efficiency and Decreased Energy Bills - A tune-up will bring your air conditioner up to peak operating efficiency, consuming less energy and reducing your your monthly utility costs.
HVAC Installation and Service in Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire
It may not feel like it now, but before we know it, the weather forecasters will be predicting the three H’s; hazy, hot, and humid. Contact Main Stream Mechanical today to schedule an AC tune-up and make sure your cooling system will keep you comfortable all summer long. We install, maintain, service, and repair residential and commercial heating, cooling, and plumbing systems in Haverhill, Amesbury, Newburyport, Rowley, Topsfield, Boxford, and other Massachusetts locations and throughout Southern New Hampshire.